Users in Leviy have access to certain Clients and Objects, based on the Group to which they are linked. A Group is no more or no less than a name for a collection of Clients and related Objects. This can be a selection, or even the total of Clients and Objects, that falls under a certain organisation.
The following step-by-step plan will enable you to create a new Group. For the sake of this tutorial, a group will be created with a selection of clients and objects. Permission to view and create groups is needed to use this tutorial.
1. Select Control and then Groups in Leviy menu bar
2. Press the green button with White plus sign on the right
3. Enter a clear Title for the new group
4. Check the box for "Show in My Objects" so that the selection of the group's objects is displayed under the heading "My Objects" in the Leviy menu bar
5. Choose Select in the section Clients
6. Choose Select in the section Objects
Note: If the entity Units is available in the organisation, select the appropriate option next to Units
7. Click the blue Add button to save the group. The application returns to the list of Groups. Use the search field to search for the newly created group.
8. Click on the blue name of the group to open it
9. In the Local navigation menu choose Clients (Move the mouse to the left edge of the screen if this menu is hidden)
10. In the list of Clients, scroll to the appropriate customer(s) and tick the box in front of its/their name(s) (searching a name can be done by hitting CTRL + F)
11. Scroll to the bottom of the list and click the blue Save button. The application returns to the group summary
12. Select Objects in the Local navigation menu
13. Click on the arrow icon in front of the client's name. An accordion menu will open below the client's name displaying the underlying Objects
14. Tick the box in front of the Objects that should fall within the group. All Objects associated with the Client can be selected in one go, by simply ticking the box in front of the customer's name
15. Scroll to the bottom of the list and click the blue Save button.
Note: If the entity Units is available in the organisation, follow the steps described for Clients and Objects for selecting the appropriate Unit(s)
16. Select Users in the Local navigation menu
17. In the list of Users, scroll down to the appropriate User(s) and tick the box in front of the user's / users' name(s)
18. Scroll to the bottom of the list and click the blue Save button
The new Group has been created and a new or existing user now has access to it.