We are continuously working on improving your experience with Leviy by fixing issues as fast as possible and provide you with new solutions. Here is an overview of all fixes and improvements you can find in the last releases of this year!
What's improved in the Dashboard v9.29?
- A new landings page - After logging into the Dashboard you will land on the 'My objects' page instead of 'Overview' so you can more easily find a client, object or unit or arrive at the desired action or information within a few clicks. If you do want to obtain insight into the statistics of the 'Overview' page, you can find this page under the menu item 'Analysis'.
- Employee number manually editable - First it was only possible to register an employee with an employee number via the API. When an employee number was made available this was then shown on the overview page of that employee, however, it was not possible to edit this number manually. We changed this so the employee number is now also displayed in the employee overview and can be edited manually.
- Link to Leviy Support from the profile page - On the profile page you can view your profile information and account settings. We have added an extra link to Leviy Support. With this you will be able to access our FAQ within one click if you have a question.
- A new font - We have applied our new standard font style to the whole Dashboard to optimise the readability and consistency.
- New styling menu items and buttons - To further improve the readability we have made a number of changes to the styling of menu items and numerous buttons.
- Access to files directly updated after changes to a group - When something changed to a group of a user, this was applied to the Files environment after the user logged out. We have changed this so when something changes to a group, the access to files is directly updated.
- A more complete list of activities per user - The activities of a user on the profile page in the Dashboard were tailored to the current group and role of the user, which meant that if a user had a role with which they could create an issue and later not, the activities related to issues would no longer be shown. Because this could cause a distorted picture, we have adjusted it so that users can always see all of their own activities, regardless of whether something has changed in their group or role. If you look at the activities of another user, you will only be able to see the activities that you are allowed to access based on your group or role.
Good to know! There are currently two profile pages in Leviy. This is due to the fact that we are still busy moving a number of features from the profile page in the Dashboard to the most suitable places.
- Group and module management simplified - You can set permissions for each role in the Dashboard. Under the Settings permission group, there were permissions called 'Groups', 'Group - Users' and 'Group - Clients', 'Group - Objects' and 'Group - Units'. With these, you could define per role if they were allowed to manage different aspects of groups. We have linked this logic to the user types Administrator and HR. Besides this, we have linked the management of modules to the user type Administrator. Want to know more about what each user type can do? Read this article!
- Fewer clicks to reach files - To find the files of a client, object or unit faster, we have added a shortcut that takes you directly to the linked files. You can find this in the local navigation after you have navigated to a client, object or unit.
- PDF reports of deleted checklist definitions are back to normal - When you deleted a checklist definition, something went wrong with the PDF reports of already checklists that had already been filled out. We found the problem and solved it.
What's improved in the App v2.22?
- Search field for cleaners in a checklist - When filling in a checklist you can select a cleaner in the tab 'Details'. To make it easier to find a cleaner we have added a search field.
- Only open scheduled recurring tasks visible - When recurring tasks are scheduled, an employee can register these with the App. The completed tasks remained visible in the App, which meant you could not easily see which tasks were still due and a lot of historic data was being loaded that less relevant for the employee. For these reasons, we have changed this so the already performed recurring tasks disappear from the overview.
Under the hood
You have probably noticed that this year is all about tidying up. The well-known statement 'A tidy house means a tidy head' is also applicable to software. Although it does not always seem that much has changed from the frontend, in this release we have taken some valuable steps. With these steps, we hope to host you in a tidier, clearer and more user-friendly home in the long term.
- Database cleanup - Our database needed a cleanup and improvement in several places. Of course, this happens frequently, but this release we have paid extra attention and time here. This has several positive consequences for users as our infrastructure has more capacity and the performance has improved. While cleaning up the database, we also encountered several that could have caused problems. By discovering these issues we were able to prevent these problems from occurring!
- Phased out module removed - Leviy provided two different modules in both the App and the Dashboard to support housekeeping in hotels until this release. This originated from a phased-out rollout of an updated version of the already existing solution. The old variant was no longer in use, and we have removed it completely. This needed to be approached very securely because there were a number of shared features.
- Synchronisation improved - As previously communicated, we are working on the realisation of various improvements in the App. We have found that the necessary changes must be made to the synchronisation mechanism before we can implement the visual changes we have in mind. In various user scenarios, the number of clients, objects, units, enabled modules or, for example, the number of scheduled tasks is too large and heavy for the current setup. We have improved several things, one of which the synchronisation of the planned recurring tasks.
- Improved code for recurring tasks - During the improvements of the recurring tasks the App, we also found out that this module can also be set up a lot more efficient in the Dashboard. Among other things, completely hidden tasks were created for inactive units. We have solved this and set up the code more efficiently, which will make it work a lot smoother for both the system and the user.
What's improved in the API?
- DKS API improved - When performing a DKS check, findings can be entered for five fixed questions, these questions can be configured per DKS definition with a desired answer type. In response to a question about this, we added these findings to our DKS API. When you integrate with our DKS API, you can also retrieve the findings from Leviy from this release.
- Issues API improved - We have added a number of filters to the Issues API to meet requests from our customers that want to integrate other systems with Leviy. This makes it easier for integrations to synchronise the current situation from Leviy to other systems.
What's going on behind the waves?
- Simplification of group management - In recent weeks, we have taken the first step to improve the code of group management and have set up various automatic tests. The next steps will be visible to the user from the following release. One of the noticeable changes will be the removal of the option 'Show in My Objects'. More about this next time!